Saturday, July 21, 2012

Chicks!

So a while back a friend of mine asked if I wanted to go take the kids to go look at the baby chicks at Wilco. I said "Sure why not, sounds like fun." Well I must have been on some sort of drugs if I thought that my kids would be happy with just going and "looking" at the chicks. It was like a scene from mom -v- child in the cereal aisle! So now you all  know what a mean, horrible mom that I am because I said NO we are NOT getting chicks!  where in H.E. double hockey sticks  are we going to put them? You know they will grow up, and they stink and and and........

After returning from what I thought was going to be a great trip, and boy was I wrong, I got on the phone and told my grandpa all about it. All he could do was laugh. For some reason I did not find the humor in it though. Well about a week later my grandpa called me back and said, Guess what honey I have 6 cute little chicks here for you! I did not know if I should thank him or ask him if he wanted to have me start checking the box on any application that I fill out for the rest of my life that asks "have you ever been checked into a mental hospital?" Ok so you may be thinking what is the big deal they are only baby chicks? I don't have enough time in the day to explain to you all why I don't need to add ONE MORE THING to my plate!

So without further ado here are our baby chicks.




I am happy to say that MOM WAS RIGHT!!!! after the chicks grew up a little, Brooke became freaked out by them and no one wanted to take care of them. So guess who did! Yep mom. That did not last to long though..... I will leave you with the words of Brenton's friend. Upon coming into our back yard and seeing our "free rang chicks" he says, " wow you live on a farm Brenton!" I replied with, "No Sr. we don't, and that my friend is why the chicks as of tomorrow will not longer be living with us!"  I am sure I will like them much better with they arrive back to our house in a month or so though in a much "colder" box ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment